POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : What's a good geometry reference book to get for ray tracing? : Re: What's a good geometry reference book to get for ray tracing? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:11:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What's a good geometry reference book to get for ray tracing?
From: incognito
Date: 19 Nov 2003 17:10:00
Message: <web.3fbbea1e3a0ec7871c94e40c0@news.povray.org>
Christopher James Huff wrote:
>In article <web.3fbbaefbc1bd4a107059a060[at]news.povray.org>,
> "incognito" <nomail[at]nomail> wrote:
>
>> What's a good geometry reference book to get for ray tracing?
>>
>> I was wondering if there were any specific books anyone has found useful?
>
>I'm not sure how much pure geometry will help...you'll want something
>that explains vector math and a little about matrices. Probably a 3D
>computer graphics programming book would be best. Depending on what
>you're doing, a little trig, calculus, etc. may be useful.
>
>Christopher James Huff <cja### [at] earthlinknet>
>http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
>POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
>http://tag.povray.org/

Thanks for replying.

Do you know of any books that will give the basic facts (I have forgotten)
on the shapes in shapes.inc and possibly shapes in other ray tracers?

I know there are a couple books out on geometry specifically for comp
graphics but they seem to vary greatly in level/content so that's where I
am confused.

Thanks a lot.